[Ohio-Talk] You Are Needed

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 18:11:22 UTC 2019

Announcements:

Ohio,

you are invited to the below invent. If you need anything, please let me
know!

Northeast Ohio, Cuyahoga, Greater Akron and Lorain,

Cleveland is enthusiastic to have you participate with us with the below
event. Because, you are in our area, we want to provide you a opportunity to
participate. If you and your Chapter are available, please come out and
honor us with your presence, expertise and advocacy.

Cleveland,

I am counting on all members to be present at the below event. Please make
every effort to be there; several duties need special attention. Therefore,
"hands on deck". We want  to ensure that this is a productive and quality
event.

All,

The below event is design to understand the eligibility process and offer a
Q&A exchange. We want to ensure that the blind has the best opportunity to
receive vocational rehabilitation services. The lack of understanding by
consumers and the ineffectiveness of counselors have gone on too long.
Discussions with OOD, the OODDC, OODC and other networks  on concerns that
the blind has, need to be finally addressed as a dialog. There will be no
blame thrown, yet understanding and partnership will be at the forefront.

///

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, Cleveland Chapter

Presents

a Town Hall Exchange with

                         Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD)

Bureau of Services for the Visually Impaired (BSVI)

                                                         Where

Cleveland State University - Levin Urban Studies Building, Robert
Steinbacher Atrium

1717 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44115

                                                          When

August 23, 2019

11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBOH) Cleveland Employment
Committee, would like to invite you to an organized Town Hall RoundTable, to
learn about programs and services for blind Ohioans, that are administered
by Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, Bureau for the Visually
Impaired.

Additionally, the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council (ODDC),
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities Council (OODC), Services for
Independent Living (SIL), and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC), will
equally present their specific and inter-related services for persons with
various disabilities.

The two segments will focus on the untapped group of disabled employees,
students transitioning from school to work, and Ohio's older blind
population. Highlighted topics include OOD's eligibility process,
information and referrals, adaptive aids with supportive training,
rehabilitation services and statistics on nutrition, and more.

Please RSVP to ensure availability. For more information, contact Wilbert
Turner, Cleveland Employment Committee Chair, at 216-212-4959.

Suzanne Turner, NFBOH Cleveland President, smturner.234 at gmail.com