[Ohio-Talk] Please Congratulate our own NFB Artist!

Ali Benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 22:44:05 UTC 2019

Awesome!

Congrats Owen! Keep the good work up!

So happy for you!

Take care and have a great evening.

Ali

From: Suzanne Turner <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 2:55 PM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List' <Ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>; NFBOH-Cleveland at nfbnet.org; Victory71351 at AOL.COM; AlexisTyson2000 at Yahoo.com; wturner at clevelandsightcenter.org; 'Edgarsfarm' <edgarsfarm at aol.com>; 'Sandra Krems' <slkrems at yahoo.com>; Lelinda at roadrunner.com; Campbelllegal87 at gmail.com; bdowdy1983 at gmail.com; reggandjack at aol.com; bryantealysr at yahoo.com; shawgriff781 at gmail.com; Leeth123 at roadrunner.com; cantseecutie at att.net; Nricks123 at me.com; stuff12993 at aol.com; william.h.turner at ssa.gov; Williamsjoann at outlook.com; lmr.upshaw at gmail.com; remacd3 at gmail.com; bdowdy1983 at gmail.com; MichaelSwinney05 at gmail.com; william.h.turner at ssa.gov; Williamsjoann at outlook.com; lmr.upshaw at gmail.com; 'kiana hill' <kiah976 at att.net>; Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com; 'Dave Bertsch' <dwbertsch at hotmail.com>; patrinkle at icloud.com; octaviaealy at hotmail.com; nicole.m.bell19 at outlook.com; 'Ali Benmerzouga' <ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com>; jimweiss72 at icloud.com; Dorothea.Davis4444 at gmail.com; regina.mason216 at gmail.com; ccjeff at ameritech.net; Alex.French2.usaF at gmail.com; 'Albert Elia' <al4.elia at gmail.com>; Arringtonrs at gmail.com; lkaplan at ossb.oh.gov; NFBOH-Cleveland at nfbnet.org; 'Lisa Bostick' <lbostick04 at jcu.edu>; Victory71351 at AOL.COM; AlexisTyson2000 at Yahoo.com; wturner at clevelandsightcenter.org; 'Edgarsfarm' <edgarsfarm at aol.com>; 'Sandra Krems' <slkrems at yahoo.com>; Lelinda at roadrunner.com; Campbelllegal87 at gmail.com; bdowdy1983 at gmail.com; bryantealysr at yahoo.com; shawgriff781 at gmail.com; Leeth123 at roadrunner.com; cantseecutie at att.net; Nricks123 at me.com; stuff12993 at aol.com; william.h.turner at ssa.gov; Williamsjoann at outlook.com; lmr.upshaw at gmail.com; remacd3 at gmail.com; bdowdy1983 at gmail.com; MichaelSwinney05 at gmail.com; william.h.turner at ssa.gov; Williamsjoann at outlook.com; lmr.upshaw at gmail.com; 'kiana hill' <kiah976 at att.net>; Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com; 'Dave Bertsch' <dwbertsch at hotmail.com>; patrinkle at icloud.com; octaviaealy at hotmail.com; Price.Jeanetta at gmail.com; nicole.m.bell19 at outlook.com; 'Ali Benmerzouga' <ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com>; jimweiss72 at icloud.com; Dorothea.Davis4444 at gmail.com; regina.mason216 at gmail.com; ccjeff at ameritech.net; Alex.French2.usaF at gmail.com; 'Albert Elia'' <al4.elia at gmail.com>; Arringtonrs at gmail.com; lkaplan at ossb.oh.gov; BigPapaZo at roadrunner.com; WO.Turner5 at sbcglobal.net; Kinshuk.tella at gmail.com; jessicajones0199 at gmail.com; jessecooperhall at gmail.com; smturner.234 at gmail.com; 'Heather Ways' <heatherways at yahoo.com>
Subject: Please Congratulate our own NFB Artist!

Ohio,

Congratulations are extended to Owen McCafferty for his Grant Award from the Ohio Arts Council.

Here is the announcement!

congratulations on your FY 2020 grant award.

Grant awards depend on a variety of factors—including application scores and the total number of applicants approved for funding—but the biggest driver is the amount of funds available in the OAC's subsidy budget. With this in mind, we are very grateful to Governor Mike DeWine, and members of the Ohio House of Representatives and Ohio Senate, for acknowledging the importance of public funding for the arts through the state budget’s appropriation to the OAC. The historic $34.5 million allocated to the Ohio Arts Council this biennium represents a $5 million increase in funding from last biennium and ensures that more public dollars will be spent over the next two years on grants for the arts in Ohio than at any time in our agency’s 54-year history. Please make sure you write to the governor<https://governor.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/governor/contact> and your legislators<https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislators/district-maps> thanking them for your grant award and for supporting the arts in Ohio. Be sure to describe how your grant award will benefit your community!

Again, congratulations on your FY 2020 grant award from the Ohio Arts Council. On behalf of our board and staff, we wish you much success in your artistic endeavors! Thank you for all you do to support Ohio communities culturally, educationally, and economically through the arts.

If you need to receive this information in an alternative format, please let Kim.Turner at oac.ohio.gov<mailto:Kim.Turner at oac.ohio.gov> know and she can help you out.

Ohio Arts Council | Investment Office

Suzanne Hartfield-Turner, President
NFBOH-Cleveland Chapter
C: (216) 990-6199
P: (641) 715-3900
Ex: 582705
A: PO Box 141077
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
E: President.NFB.ClevelandOhio at Gmail.com<mailto:President.NFB.ClevelandOhio at Gmail.com>

Please visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/