[Ohio-talk] FW: NCSRC Information Updates
smithj at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 6 15:38:07 UTC 2019
Just keeping you in the loop with this one!
Dr. jw Smith
School of Communication Studies
Scripps College of Communication
20 E. Union St,
Athens, OH 45701
smithj at ohio.edu<mailto:smithj at ohio.edu>
One way to deal with the past is to change what you can...and can what you can't.
Check out some of my music here<https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/JWSmith1> and here<https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/jwsmith22>
From: shirley.marchi at ood.ohio.gov <shirley.marchi at ood.ohio.gov>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:21 AM
To: 'Carolyn Peters' <drcarolyn-peters at att.net>; Smith, JW <smithj at ohio.edu>; shauna.dowdy at ood.ohio.gov; Gerhardt Jane <jegerhardt9 at gmail.com>; Margie Hegg <margie.hegg at gmail.com>; mkirkman at disabilityrightsohio.org; Carlo LoParo <carlo at loparopr.com>; Kim.Monachino at education.ohio.gov; kevin.miller at ood.ohio.gov; johnmoore at dsc.org; Jeremy Morris <jmorris at ohiosilc.org>; matthew.sauer at uc.edu; Karis.Spence at huntington.com
Subject: FW: NCSRC Information Updates
Please see below email from Sherry Taylor, Vice President and Treasurer of NCSRC.
Community Relations Liaison
Office of Communications
From: Taylor, Sherry A <Sherry.A.Taylor at wv.gov<mailto:Sherry.A.Taylor at wv.gov>>
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 4:49 PM
To: Subject: NCSRC Information Updates
Greetings from NCSRC!
The NCSRC Board of Directors met this afternoon and we have a few announcements for you and would like some information:
1. The National Conference call will be June 18th at 2:30 EST. We will be launching the new SRC Guidebook for Chairpersons, Members & Liaisons.
1. We are in the process of planning the agenda for our upcoming fall conference in Jacksonville, Florida in October. Remember to start the pre-approval process now. Check the NCSRC website at www.NCSRC.net<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.NCSRC.net&data=02%7C01%7Csmithj%40ohio.edu%7C5d6a6411ca334c5ad09b08d6ea797ab9%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C636954204813537355&sdata=OR9sI1eKYcjZH2ccNGpkbn4hASw161A9W%2Bof1mU%2BQKs%3D&reserved=0> for hotel accommodations and make those now. The hotel block will fill up quickly. Even if you need to cancel closer to the conference, rooms can be canceled at no cost.
1. Several SRCs have asked if NCSRC would consider a Friday evening "SRC 101 orientation" session from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. prior to the start of the conferences. The time may vary depending on the availability of the conference room. The Board would be happy to offer this is we have enough interest. This would help give first time attendees and new members more history prior to the working sessions during the weekend. There would need to be enough response from attendees to conduct this additional workshop. Would your Council be interested in this Friday evening workshop?
1. The Draft Agendas for the conference will be completed this week. We are awaiting a confirmation and should hear back within the next day or two. We will let you know when the agendas are posted.
1. One of the sessions that has been requested is on developing SRC strategic plans. If you have a plan and would be willing to share this with other SRCs we would like to have a copy asap to be included in the documents for the conference.
1. We are continuing to tweak the website and one specific item that you are requesting is a drop down box for Annual Reports. If you will send me your electronic version of your report, we will work on getting those posted.
We hope you are forwarding any information you receive to your Council members. We appreciate your responses!!!! Thanks so much!
Sherry A. Taylor, Executive Director
West Virginia State Rehabilitation Council
Vice President & Treasurer of NCSRC
107 Capitol Street
Charleston, West Virginia 25301
(304) 561-4846 cell
(681) 235-2162 fax
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the individuals or entities originally addressed, and may contain confidential and privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy or printout.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6036 bytes
More information about the Ohio-Talk