[Ohio-talk] H.B.214

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 14:47:22 UTC 2019

Here is a sample of what the Health Committee is starting to Receive.

Several of us know Cheryl Reed from different committees and work over the years.

Hello Bill,

I am contacting you to support accessible labelling for individuals who are blind, visually impaired or otherwise print disabled.  As a director of a low vision clinic with nearly 40 years of experience, I am well aware of the issues encountered by individuals who cannot access information related to medication.  Often this impacts individuals who are taking many prescription medications and the inability to accurate order medications, identify prescriptions and read directions and precautions can lead to life-threatening consequences.  Additionally, managing medications is critical to maintaining ones independence and avoiding the transition to an assisted living or nursing home residence.

Years ago you coached my son, Ian Reed, when he played youth soccer.  Thank you for your long and diverse commitment to our community.

Cheryl J. Reed, O.D., COMS
Director, Judith A. Read Low Vision Services
United Disability Services
701 S. Main Street
Akron, OH 44311
(330) 762-9755 ext. 235
(330) 996-4181 (Fax)

Sign up for our latest e-news at www.udsakron.org <applewebdata://DE9E8D0B-CB18-4B8D-99FE-04A2AAA03410/www.udsakron.org>
Like us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/UnitedDisabilityServices?ref=hl>

Ask me about wearable technology options available!

The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender. If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and follow with its deletion, so that UDS can ensure such a mistake does not occur in the future.