[Ohio-talk] scammers are getting more brazen

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 06:22:47 UTC 2019

Ohio, I have included a message from our president's list. You should know
if this happens it is not me. Please do not allow yourself to be  victims of
scammers.
 > Good morning colleagues,
> I just wanted to let you all be aware that the scammers are getting more
brazen. My southern Nevada chapter president received a text from somebody
pretending to be me at 1 o'clock in the morning. This person asked her to
purchase 5 gift cards at $200 each. They then asked her to send them a
picture of the gift cards. She knew immediately that it was not me. I'm glad
she trusted her God. She let them know that if they contacted her again she
would contact the police. Scammers have attempted to get money by pretending
to be me via email, but this is the first time they have a tempted over
text. I'm sure I am not the only affiliate president that this has happened
to.

> Wholeheartedly Yours,
> Terri Rupp | President
> National Federation of the Blind Nevada