[Ohio-talk] Message from Patti Chang to the job seekers who will be attending this years national convention.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 12:11:45 UTC 2019

Please send this to anyone from your state who is attending our national convention and who is job hunting.

                Dear Future Blind Employees:

Are you job hunting, or do you want to explore the possibilities? You can do so at our 2019 career fair which is on Monday, July 8 from 1-3 p.m., with individual interviews from 3:30 to 5 p.m.We have over 30 employers signed up so far.

If you want contact information for the employers, you must register at https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair.  If you do that, we will be able to send you that information, including periodic updates as the employer list grows. You will be able to contact them directly, send them your resume, and make arrangements to meet them at the career fair. We plan to do the first mailing to you next week, so hurry and sign up!

You must register online to attend the career fair. While we will have a few people at the convention to help you register, we expect many job seekers and strongly suggest you ensure your registration by registering now. And our new system makes it easy for you to sign up. You can do it on your smartphone.

Can you get employer contact information if you don’t plan to attend the career fair? No, since the employers registered specifically for the career fair, not at this time. After the fair, we’ll see if they want to accept applications year round, and if so, we may be able to develop a system to do that.  But it won’t work as well as face to face contacts. So if you can come, even for one hour, please do.

Another advantage of registering for the career fair is that it helps us build a database of blind job seekers we can refer to employers who are looking for people to hire. And next year, all you will have to do is update your information. No muss, no fuss.

So please go to https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair  and sign up now.

Patti Chang Esq.

Director of Outreach

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2422 | pchang at nfb.org <mailto:pchang at nfb.org>

Cell: 773-307-6440

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>