[Ohio-talk] Legislative update

Mike Leiterman leitlaw at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:34:04 UTC 2019

Hello,
I first wanted to thank all of those who provided written testimony for HB214.  I was just informed that we did not make it on the hearing agenda for this week.   Rep Brown's legislative aid  sends his apologies to everyone that we did not make the schedule. He did state that he is optimistic that we will make the agenda for next Tuesday. One good thing about the  delay of the hearing is, now we have even more time to get more written testimony submitted as a part of the record.
We really need more of your letters/ testimony. So far I have collected  testimony from nine federationists, I believe that we can do more! At this point Cincinnati is leading  the race with four members submitting testimony.
I strongly encourage  everyone to   keep writing testimony, lets use the extra time to get more testimony entered in the record.  We need to show the general assembly how much this issue means to  the NFBO! We also have the chance to further strengthen are reputation as an organization that means business!

I also checked the hearing schedule, to see if HB188 would have its first hearing for sponsor testimony. Unfortunately 188 did not make it on the agenda either. It would be a good idea for all of us start working on testimony for when 188 makes it on the agenda.