[Ohio-talk] Adult Braille Literacy training in Columbus

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Mar 10 23:34:37 UTC 2019

Debbie and I kicked off the 2019 Braille Literacy Training in Columbus this
weekend. We had 3 students and it was very successful. The students were
excited to begin learning Braille and have plans for how they will use it.
2 of them have been legally blind since birth but were told they had enough
vision that they didn't need to learn Braille in school. We've heard that
story so many times that it has become a broken record, sadly. The other
student lost vision as an adult and wants to learn all of the Braille code.

We've also heard over and over again that there aren't any adults in Ohio
who want to learn Braille. Well, we, the NFB of Ohio, knows this just isn't
true and we are proving it again.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053