[Ohio-talk] Reminder: Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss Teleconference

Sandy krems slkrems at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 15:06:14 UTC 2019

The Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss Teleconference focusing on Fitness is this Sunday, March 17, at 7:00p.m.  Please share this information with anyone who might benefit from joining the call.  Here are the details:

Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss
Teleconference
March 17, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
This Month’s Topic: Health and Fitness

We all know the benefits of exercise.  Who would not want healthier joints, muscles, heart, brain, metabolism, and emotions?  Yet, something always gets in the way of starting or keeping up an exercise plan.  Blind and visually impaired people confront additional barriers to exercise, ranging from inaccessible equipment and facilities to lack of confidence and low expectations.  Join our March 17 Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss Teleconference as we discuss health and fitness.  Our guest Mel Scott, fitness advocate, founder and president of Blind AliveLLC, and creator of the Eyes Free Fitness workout series, will join us as we discuss topics such as the unique fitness needs of blind individuals and of seniors, accessibility issues related to fitness activities, adaptations to make various exercise activities accessible to blind participants, and how to access fitness centers and community centers as a blind participant.