[Ohio-talk] Braille literacy

Wanda Sloan wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Wed May 1 17:38:53 UTC 2019

Thank you.
Wan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk [mailto:ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Barbara
Pierce via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:38 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Barbara Pierce <barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ohio-talk] Braille literacy

I am working with two Braille students, and each of them in her own way
reminds me of why Braille is so important. I am proud of how hard both of
them are working.I feel incredibly lucky that I was taught Braille at
twelve. It is a real privilege to have a part in opening this mystery to
these women. Literacy is such a valuable gift. No parent should prevent
their blind child from mastering it.  I am dead serious when I tell them to
call me whenever they get stuck. There are always frustrations in learning
the code. The least we can do is to clear up the puzzles whenever they
occur.

Good luck to all the new students,
Barbara
Barbara Pierce, President Emerita
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com

expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

<ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> Awesome!
>
> Braille! Braille! Braille! Is here to stay!
> Braille Readers are our Leaders!
>
> Thanks a lot for all the time, energy and effort you and Debbie are
putting
> to improve the lives of blind Ohioans. Two thumbs up!
>
> Have a great day.
>
> Ali Benmerzouga
> National Federation of the Blind of Ohio -  Cleveland Chapter, Board
Member,

> Chair of Cleveland Chapter Legislative Committee,
> Cell #: 440-590-0315.
>
> Email: ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
>
> Please Visit and like our Cleveland Chapter's Facebook Page:
> https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

> Please Click On This Link To Learn More About The, National Federation of
> the Blind of Ohio
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8
>

> ***
> blindness is not what holds you back.