[Ohio-talk] My First Convention

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Mon May 6 22:00:34 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,
I attended my first National Convention in July 1972 and my first State Convention that fall.
The National was held at the Palmer House in Chicago. It didn't seem as crowded as Conventions are now but there was plenty to do and many people to meet.
I tried NFB Tea and helped at the Presidential Suite.
I was able to attend the Convention with lots of support from the Toledo Chapter. People helped me with expenses and support.
My grandmother std I could go since Helen Johnson was Catholic and she knew Helen would help me.
Meeting so many people with varied jobs who took the time to mentor me was very meaningful. No one was too busy to answer questions.
The exhibit Hall was also wonderful. I hope all of you will consider attending the National Convention, the State Convention or both.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio;