[Ohio-talk] Resources from Sunday’s Sharing Solutions teleconference

Ali Benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Sat May 25 17:26:09 UTC 2019

Thanks a lot Sandy!
Have a great weekend.
Ali

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sandy krems via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 12:10 PM
To: Ohio Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Sandy krems <slkrems at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-talk] Resources from Sunday’s Sharing Solutions teleconference

For those of you who participated in the Sharing Solutions for Vision Loss teleconference this past Sunday, here are the resources that were mentioned.  A few of them need further explanation, so if you can provide more complete information on those items, please add comments.  Thanks!
1.  For help and instruction with Apple devices, call a local Apple Store to find out about their schedule of accessibility classes.  Apple Accessibility and technical support is very helpful.
2.  United Disability Services of Akron is providing a class on use of Apple and Android smart phones later this month.
3.  Hadley (www.hadley.edu) has a number of short clips about using smart phones, which can be accessed from their website.  These can be downloaded to your computer so that you can review them as often as you need while practicing to use accessibility features of your smart phone.  Go to www.hadley.edu, select the resources menu, select clips.  These clips are created by Douglas Walker.
4.  For assistance with Microsoft Windows 10, try using the  “Be My Eyes “ app.  Go to technical support in the app, and select Microsoft.
5. Callers mentioned getting onto email list serves for users of Windows 10 and users of Jaws.  If you have more specifics, please post them.
6.  AppleVis is a site for blind users of apple products, with reviews and discussions about Mac, iPhone, iPad, and other products.  https://www.applevis.com/ 7.  Microsoft Accessibility Learning Webinar Series.  These webinars have been recorded and archived.  Go to the Microsoft  Accessibility Learning page. The archives are at the bottom of the page.  https://sway.office.com/ofnj0y3PT7dnqb0Z?ref.

Thanks to all of the call participants for sharing, Sandy Krems Community Engagement Committee National Federation of the Blind Cleveland Chapter

Email:  slkrems at gmail.com

Please Visit and like our Cleveland Chapter’s Facebook Page:
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

Please Click On This Link To Learn More About The, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

***
***