[Ohio-Talk] Announcement that I found when I got home from convention.

Barbara Pierce barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 20:04:05 UTC 2019

From: Mary Nelle McLennan via BANA-Announce <bana-announce at brailleauthority.org <mailto:bana-announce at brailleauthority.org>>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 09:00:51 -0400
Subject: [BANA-Announce] BANA to Meet in Cincinnati, OH, November 7-9, 2019
To: BANA-Announce <bana-announce at brailleauthority.org <mailto:bana-announce at brailleauthority.org>>

Press Release <>
October 2019
For Immediate Release
Contact: Jennifer Dunnam, Chair
Braille Authority of North America
410.659.9314 Ex. 2427

BANA to Meet in Cincinnati, Ohio, November 7–9, 2019

The Braille Authority of North America (BANA), which convenes in
person semiannually, will hold its 2019 fall meeting November 7–9 in
Cincinnati, Ohio. All meetings will be at the Hilton Cincinnati
Netherland Plaza, 35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. This
meeting will be hosted by Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually
Impaired, which is a BANA member organization.

Items on the Board’s agenda will include a review of formal reports
from BANA's technical committees such as Braille Formats, Nemeth, and
Tactile Graphics, as well as its general committees and task forces,
such as the BANA General Committee on UEB and the Publications
Committee. BANA will take action on recommendations when appropriate.

Interested parties are invited to observe the BANA Board meetings. If
you are interested in observing the BANA meeting, please contact BANA
Chair Jennifer Dunnam at 410.659.9314 Ex. 2427 or by email at
chair at brailleauthority.org <mailto:chair at brailleauthority.org> <mailto:chair at brailleauthority.org <mailto:chair at brailleauthority.org>>.

The mission of the Braille Authority of North America is to assure
literacy for tactile readers through the standardization of braille
and/or tactile graphics.

You can follow the work of BANA by signing up for BANA-Announce, a
one-way email list that disseminates news and information. To join
this list, send a blank email message to
bana-announce-subscribe at brailleauthority.org <mailto:bana-announce-subscribe at brailleauthority.org>
<mailto:bana-announce-subscribe at brailleauthority.org <mailto:bana-announce-subscribe at brailleauthority.org>> and follow the
directions in the confirmation email that will be sent in response.
You can also follow BANA on Facebook and Twitter!
Barbara Pierce, President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.