[Ohio-Talk] Special ed students hoped to get boost in Cleveland, 10 other school districts, under planned legal settlement - cleveland.com

nmpbrat at aol.com nmpbrat at aol.com
Fri Nov 22 06:39:35 UTC 2019

Marianne,The article lists all of the districts involved...11 in total......Cleveland, Akron, East Cleveland, Canton, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Lima, Toledo, Youngstown and Zanesville.
As a side note, from an educator's perspective....what some are failing to recognize are the other factors involved in these equations, such as poverty, and the impact they have on these populations.  Don't get me wrong....I'm not against inclusion....but when we are looking at data points, sometimes we fail to see the bigger picture.  We have to get away from determining whether a student is getting proper services based upon a test score and instead base it upon whether they are going to have the skills to be successful in life and meeting their individual needs.  Ok, sorry, I'm off my soapbox now....carry on!Nicole