[Ohio-Talk] Seeking ideas

nmpbrat at aol.com nmpbrat at aol.com
Sun Oct 6 06:15:22 UTC 2019

Jordy,I wholeheartedly agree with you...I do think we need to take these opportunities when they come along and that is why I am really trying to figure this out.  I am very interested in this opportunity.  Unfortunately, I am very doubtful that my employer will be willing to pay the cost for transportation since it is not something they have asked me to participate in.  Honestly, I don't know that they would even if it was something they had asked me to participate in.  Ironically though, should I be chosen as a member, they will be very interested in how it might benefit them.   The idea of riding with another member has crossed my mind...and have thought about investigating further whether there are other members in the northeast Ohio area....even if it meant me meeting up with them like a half hour away and then riding the rest of the way there with them, it would be so much easier to find someone to take me that half hour or to use some time of ride service for that amount of time.  I looked a little bit at the bus situation but the schedules just wouldn't be a good fit.  I think taxi type services for that distance could be quite costly.   The paperwork states that they do provide transportation costs at state rates....what those are, I am not sure...and as I stated to Barbara, I am going to have to investigate as to whether those would also include the "down time" involved, should I hire a driver to take me.  Paying for that down time could become quite expensive, which is my concern, since we are not paid for our service on the panel.  Thanks for your suggestions,NIcole