[Ohio-Talk] Promote Accessible Workplaces

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 10:41:14 UTC 2019

From: Mark Riccobono Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:07 AM
To: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Subject: Promote Accessible Workplaces

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15264&qid=3024674>

Advocating for Accessible Workplaces

Access technology enables blind Americans to participate in today’s workforce. Unfortunately, not all technology manufacturers and employers recognize the importance—or ease—of creating systems that are accessible to all. Please join our fight for independence by contributing to our access technology initiatives and advocating for accessible workplace technologies.

“When the City of Chicago developed a new fully accessible legal management system for the Law Department, it made everyone more efficient. Keystrokes can increase speed for all. Of course it also worked very well for me in supervising attorneys and managing my own caseload using screen reading software” – blind attorney

Resources for Increasing Accessibility

Our goal is to demonstrate the simple and effective ways that new technology and products can be built with accessibility in mind with initiatives such as the following:

  <https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/shawn%20callaway%20at%20desk_sized%202.JPG>

*	Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15265&qid=3024674> , a center of expertise, best practices, and resources to help institutions more effectively provide accessible information and services.
*	Strategic Nonvisual Accessibility Partnership (SNAP) program <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15266&qid=3024674> , which works to ensure that websites, products, and services are accessible through partnerships with other organizations.
*	Accessibility Switchboard <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15267&qid=3024674> , which provides freely available resources and guides for those who want to improve accessibility in their organizations.

Donate today!

Access technology equips blind Americans to seek employment and stay employed. For the seventy-one percent of blind Americans who are either unemployed or underemployed, it is a vehicle that facilitates the job-seeking process. We need your support to continue pushing for more accessible information technology and products. Please donate today <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15268&qid=3024674> !

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15269&qid=3024674>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15270&qid=3024674>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15271&qid=3024674>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15272&qid=3024674>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15273&qid=3024674>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15274&qid=3024674>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

 <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=12981&qid=3024674&h=49f4e8eb2f593fab> Unsubscribe |  <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=12981&qid=3024674&h=49f4e8eb2f593fab> Opt Out |   <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15275&qid=3024674> Sign Up for Our E-newsletter

200 E WELLS ST
BALTIMORE, MD 21230-4850
United States

..