[Ohio-Talk] Ohio Legislative Alert

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 00:59:30 UTC 2019

Good evening NFB of Ohio,

We received an email from Kelsey Hopkins, Legislative Aide | Ohio House
District 26, Office of State Representative Erica Crawley. As you know, Rep.
Crawley is one of the primary sponsors for H. B. 188, our Parental Rights
Bill. She informed us that the Health Committee will hear proponent
testimony for HB 188 on Tuesday, November 5th. Committee will begin at 11:00
AM in Statehouse Room 116. She asked  for us to have a written version of
our testimony to her by Thursday, October 31, and she would make sure it
would be submitted.

There has been new leadership in  the Health Committee. Here is how the
testimony should be addressed:

November 5, 2019

Ohio House Health Committee

Proponent Testimony HB 188

Prohibit blindness from denying or limiting care of minor

Submitted by: ___________

Chair Lipps, Vice Chair Manning, Ranking Member Boyd, and Members of the
Ohio House Health Committee::

Thank you for the opportunity to submit testimony in support of HB 188.

Kelsey's email address is Kelsey.Hopkins at ohiohouse.gov
<mailto:Kelsey.Hopkins at ohiohouse.gov>

Here is where you can put your Columbus Seminar training to work. We
discussed writing testimony for the hearings, as well as the importance of
showing up and presenting them in person. We need to show the committee who
we are, and what we stand for. This should be the easier one for us to get
passed, so let's hit it hard and get it done!

Best Regards

Sheri Albers, Vice President, Legislative Co-chair

Sheri.albers87 at gmail.com