[Ohio-Talk] Informative Conversation

Smith, JW smithj at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 25 19:32:05 UTC 2019

Dear NFB of Ohio Family, Friends, and Colleagues,

On Thursday, October 24th, I had the privilege of participating in a public conversation with the author of the book about Beep Baseball. As some of you may or may not know, he is an Ohio University faculty member and in fact, before he started writing the book, we had coffee and talked about it. I must say that if you haven't read the book, it is well written and although he is sighted, he captures both the essence and soul of the players, the culture, and the game itself. Below is a link to the conversation on YouTube and I tell you it has been while since I've had so much fun talking about a topic about us. I believe that the conversation will speak for itself, but I have no doubt that his book will be a foundational work for those who want to use it for future research in this area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnF9ERQ8To

jw

Dr. j webster Smith
School of Communication Studies
Scripps College of Communication
Ohio University
Schoonover Center
20 E. Union St,
Athens, OH 45701
smithj at ohio.edu<mailto:smithj at ohio.edu>
T: 740-593-4838

You should never look down on someone unless you're giving them a helping hand up.

Check out my latest book here<https://www.amazon.com/Back-Bus-Front-Classroom-Thirty-Year/dp/0578579677/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=from+the+back+of+the+bus+jw+smith&qid=1570358199&sr=8-1> and here<https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/from-the-back-of-the-bus-to-the-front-of-the-classroom-jw-smith/1133805213?ean=9780578579672>

Check out some of my music here<https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/JWSmith1> and here<https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/jwsmith22>