[Ohio-Talk] !Exciting News from the Community Service Committee!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 22:09:53 UTC 2019

Hello Ohio Federationist!

The Community Service Committee is   excited to announce the inaugural community service project for the Ohio Affiliate during the 73rd NFB Ohio State Convention. Obstacles Are Opportunities

!Donate   the gift of warmth to Scholars of the Ohio State School for the Blind!

Hats, Scarves, Mittens, and or Gloves

Sizes, Grades K thru 12, are requested

OSSB School Colors: Red and Blue Optional

Bring your donation with you to the 2019 NFB Ohio Convention!
For additional information contact Cheryl by  phone: 216-566-4317 or e mail: cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com

The Ohio State School for the Blind, established in 1837, is  the oldest school for blind children in the United States. The school serves approximately 110  residential  and  day students.    Skills paired with  confidence remove barriers, limits and low expectations for  these young people. Proving that “Obstacles are Opportunities!”  Through academics , Music, Adaptive sports, Art, OSSB continues to reinforce that blindness is not what holds you back.    Many successful federationists have attended OSSB and today,   “Live the Lives they want.” With your help, the Community Service committee  will work toward strengthening the affiliate  relationship with OSSB faculty, scholars and parents.
This is an awesome opportunity  to show how much we care.   Contribute to the 2019 inaugural effort!

“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” — Dr. Loretta Scott

Collection bins will be available during the convention, November 1st thru November 3rd, at the DoubleTree Hotel in Worthington, Ohio.
Make sure you have reserved your room and  registered.
If you are unable to attend and wish to participate , give your donation to your chapter President for safe delivery.

Thanking you in advance for all you are going to do.

Let’s Go Build the Federation!

Cheryl Fields Chair
NFB Ohio Community Service Committee

216-566-4317

Cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com

“The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.”

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood