[Ohio-Talk] FW: [berkeley-disabled] If You Want To Survive COVID-19 Lockdown, Learn From The Disabled

c16a19f at sbcglobal.net c16a19f at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 4 16:08:49 UTC 2020

I liked this article. Though many people learn eventually to adjust to a
disability, it can be much harder to adjust to a chronic illness.  Likewise,
it is difficult enough for people in the general public to adjust to staying
at home, but much more difficult to adjust to wearing masks, staying six
feet apart,  worrying about who touched this food or the delivery boxes
before it entered your living space, and also perhaps having to cope with
less alone time at home. .
I think that the general, non-disabled and not chronically ill public have
always recognized well the financial and social ramifications of disability
and chronic illness. That is why they are uncomfortable, stay away, and say
foolish things and tend to avoid complicating their own lives with the needs
or perceived limitations of people with quote problems unquote.
I liked the article, but I don't think that people will be more
understanding, considerate,  or inclusive when this is all over.
Cheryl

Your thoughts on this article?  This is disabled-related.  Stay encouraged,
y'all!