[Ohio-Talk] Please read and do what you can to help our Merchantsq

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 09:52:52 UTC 2020

Hello Fellow Affiliate members :  See the note below from Nicky Gacos,
President of the Merchants Division. Your members can help by clicking on
the link and  going to the  website that will make it very easy to send a
letter to Congress.

Thanks!
Terry Smith, NFBTN President

Dear NABM Member:

​As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on our blind
entrepreneurs.  Approximately 75% of our blind entrepreneurs have seen their
businesses either shut completely down or seriously curtailed.  Congress has
provided some relief for small businesses but the Randolph-Sheppard Program
is unique.  We need to let Congress know that more needs to be done to
assist our hard working men and women who feed our government employees
every day.
​Please click on the link below and send letters to the President, both of
your U.S. Senators, and your Member in the House of Representatives.  The
Randolph-Sheppard Act authorizes Congress to appropriate funds for the
Randolph-Sheppard Program.  It never has.  We are asking Congress for the
first time to appropriate dollars that can be used to provide relief for our
displaced blind entrepreneurs and emergency funding to the states so they
can meet their responsibilities as the state licensing agencies.  Go to:
https://blindmerchantsspeakout.org/alert/-urge_congress_to_appropriate_funds
_to_help_blind_vendors/message/congress/write?style=webform

It is simple.  Just put in your name and address, click on “Preview
Message” and then hit “Submit” and your letters will be sent.  Act now and
let the collective voices of the blind be heard.

Sincerely,

Nicky Gacos, President

blindness is not what holds you back.

Richard Payne,  President