[Ohio-Talk] National Convention

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:52:15 UTC 2020

The National Federation of the Blind National Convention is the largest
gathering of blind people in the world.
 It is the premier event for training, support, and information for the
blind community. It also serves as a governing body, democratically electing
our leadership  <https://www.nfb.org/about-us/leadership> and establishing
each year's organizational priorities.
Although the convention is open to all, our constitution
<https://www.nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/constitution>  states
that only members of the NFB have the right to participate in decision
making when it comes to organizational policy. If you are not already a
member, join the NFB today <https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/join-us> .
2020 Dates
Tuesday, July 14 through Sunday, July 19, 2020
2020 Location
Considering the ongoing impact and wide-ranging effects of the COVID-19
pandemic, the 2020 National Convention will be held virtually for the first
time.
Join us as we celebrate NFB's eightieth anniversary and expand our circle of
participation, connecting blind Americans from coast to coast for what we
expect to be the largest gathering of blind people in history.
*The 2020 National Convention was originally scheduled to take place in
Houston, Texas at the Hilton Americas-Houston.
How to Participate
The agenda for the 2020 National Convention will feature most of the
elements our members know and love, with some new twists. There will be
multiple ways to participate in and interact with all convention events,
from video conferencing to phone access. Plus, as local conditions permit,
NFB affiliates will organize in-person gatherings in conjunction with
sessions being held at the national level to enhance the convention
experience.
Hotel Reservations
*If you booked hotel reservations at the Hilton Americas-Houston or the
Marriott Marquis Houston, you will receive a full refund of any deposit
collected by the hotel. The hotel will contact you no later than May 1 to
confirm the amount to be credited.
Registration
Members are requested and non-members are invited to register at no cost in
order to get access to exclusive offers, convention announcements, door
prizes, and other exciting content.
Register online today for the 2020 National Convention.
<https://www.nfb.org/registration>
*Operating the national convention virtually still costs money. While
registration is free, we welcome and encourage donations
<https://www.nfb.org/donate>  to support our ongoing work to protect the
rights of all blind Americans.
*If you previously registered for the 2020 National Convention, either
online or through the mail, you will be contacted about your registration
fees and banquet ticket purchases.
*If you wish to mail in your registration, please use this accessible PDF
registration form
<https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/files-pdf/2020-convention-regis
tration.pdf> .
Sponsors
Thank you to the sponsors of the 2020 National Convention
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/sponsors> .
More Information
*	First timer's guide
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/first-timers-guide>
*	Sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/sponsorship-and-exhibi
ting-opportunities>

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368