[Ohio-Talk] Please spread the word!

Kinshuk Tella kinshuk.tella at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 15:25:32 UTC 2020

Hello Ohio,

As we all know, all high schools and colleges have been shut down for the
majority of the spring semester and this has affected millions around the
country. But for the seniors of the class of 2020, this means that they are
unable to have the commencement graduation ceremony that they have been
anticipating for years. Along with other events such as Prom for highschool
seniors, the class of 2020 has unfortunately been forced to miss out. As a
result, the Ohio Association of Blind students is proud to announce a
community project called “Adopt a Senior”. This is a community initiative
in which those of the class of 2020 who are blind or visually impaired in
Highschool or college can post a short biography of themselves in the
facebook group titled “NFB Adopt a Senior”. Then others within the NFB can
support these students through interactions on the facebook group and
through the exchange of gifts of any sort. This is where the Adopt part
comes in. One would choose a student to send a gift to through the mail as
a token of support. We hope to create a supportive and fun platform to
support the class of 2020. If you or anyone you know may be interested in
being an adopter or adoptee, please join the facebook group NFB Adopt a
Senior.