[Ohio-Talk] Please spread the word!

Jim Weiss jimweiss72 at icloud.com
Sun Apr 26 19:07:15 UTC 2020

All,
This is a wonderful idea, but a word of caution.  Scammers are using these types of posts to gather your personal information, as recently reported by the Better Business Bureau.  Just be mindful of what information you are putting on social media for everyone to see.  They encourage people not to post the name of their high school, year of graduation and/or school mascot.  These are often answers to security questions.  I personally experienced this just the other day.  My high school name and year of graduation is right there on my Facebook page and when I logged into my bank app I was presented with a password reset screen and my security question was “What was the name of your high school?”.
I am not trying to rain on this parade, but just reminding everyone to be careful as to what you make public information.  I personally would have never thought of this until I read the article and then just by chance that same day I was presented with that same security challenge.

Best regards,
Jim Weiss