[Ohio-Talk] information for Ohio Voters

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:10:34 UTC 2020

Hello Ohio! You may have received an application to request a  vote by
mail/ absentee ballot and have additional questions.
You may find some answers below. Call on Thursday morning,
Informational Seminar on ZOOM at 11 O’clock A.M.  To get current
information on voting.

•	General election voter registration deadline: Oct. 5, 2020
•	Early voting and mail-in voting begins: Oct. 6, 2020
•	Deadline to request absentee ballot: Oct. 31, 2020
•	Early voting and mail-in voting ends: Nov. 2, 2020
•	General election: Nov. 3, 2020

Election Date: November 3, 2020
Registration Deadline: October 5, 2020
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
•	How can I register to vote?
•	What is the registration deadline?
•	Do I have to sign my voter registration form?
•	What are my obligations to keep the board of elections informed of
address or name changes?
•	Do I declare my political party affiliation when I register?
•	What happens after I submit my voter registration form?
•	Can I check my voter information online?
•	How do I cancel my voter registration?
HOW CAN I REGISTER TO VOTE?
You may register to vote online, in person or by mail.
ONLINE
Click here to register to vote online. (Opens in a new window)
If you need to change your address or update your voter registration
information, click here. (opens in a new window)
BY MAIL
Access Ohio’s Voter Registration form by clicking here. You may also
use the National Mail Voter Registration form available at
www.eac.gov/voter_resources/register_to_vote.aspx(opens in a new
window).
You also may ask a county board of elections or the Secretary of
State's office to mail a voter registration form to you.
IN PERSON
You may obtain a voter registration form, and register to vote in
person at any of the following locations:
•	The office of the Secretary of State;
•	The office of any of the 88 county boards of elections;
•	The office of the registrar or any deputy registrar of the Ohio
Bureau of Motor Vehicles;
•	Public libraries;
•	Public high schools or vocational schools;
•	County treasurers' offices; or
•	Offices of designated agencies, including:
o	The Department of Job and Family Services;
o	The Department of Health (including the Women, Infants and Children
(WIC) program);
o	The Department of Mental Health;
o	The Department of Developmental Disabilities;
o	Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities; or
o	The office of any state-assisted college or university responsible
for providing assistance to students with disabilities.
When you have completed your voter registration form, please review it
carefully for completeness and accuracy. You may either personally
deliver, or send by U.S. Mail, your voter registration form to a
county board of elections or the Secretary of State's office. You, or
another person acting on your behalf, also may deliver your
application to one of the offices listed above, but you should ensure
your application reaches the office of a board of elections or the
Secretary of State no later than the voter registration deadline, the
30th day before the election at which you want to vote.
back to questions
WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE?
Ohio has a 30-day voter registration requirement. However, if the
voter registration deadline falls on a Sunday or a legal holiday, then
the deadline is extended to the next day that is not a Sunday or a
legal holiday. Click here to see the deadlines for upcoming elections.
REGISTRATION BY U.S. MAIL:
If you choose to register to vote using the U.S. Mail, you may send
your properly completed and signed registration application to the
office of a county board of elections or the Secretary of State's
Office. Your application must be postmarked by the voter registration
deadline, the 30th day before the election, in order to be eligible to
vote in that election.
REGISTRATION IN PERSON:
If you choose to register to vote in person, you may deliver your
registration form to the office of a county board of elections, the
Secretary of State's office, a state or local office of a designated
agency (see list above), the office of the registrar or any deputy
registrar of motor vehicles, a public high school or vocational
school, a public library, the office of a county treasurer. Your voter
registration form must be received by the voter registration deadline,
the 30th day before the election, in order to be eligible to vote in
that election.
You also may entrust your completed registration form to another
person for delivery to elections officials. However, that person must
deliver it to a county board of elections or the Secretary of State's
office within 10 days after you completed the form, or by the voter
registration deadline, whichever is earlier.

--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

216-566-4317

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood