[Ohio-Talk] Plan for Summer Now. Attend NFB EQ!

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 09:39:35 UTC 2020

From: NFB EQ Program
Sent: Monday, February 3, 2020 2:30 AM
To: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Subject: Plan for Summer Now. Attend NFB EQ!

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/nfb-logo-for-email-template.jpg>

Applications Open: Apply for Our STEM Summer Program

Para Español <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15926&qid=3255731>

NFB Engineering Quotient (EQ) Program <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16049&qid=3295871>
June 21-27, 2020
St. Paul, Minnesota

“NFB EQ gave me more confidence to keep doing what I want—no one can stop me! The program opened my eyes to even more options in the field [of engineering] and it gave me some confidence that I can do some mechanical stuff that I didn’t think I could do before.” – Michael, Texas

Join the National Federation of the Blind this summer at the Science Museum of Minnesota <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15889&qid=3255731>  for a week-long program of hands-on lessons and various recreational activities. No specific level of previous engineering experience. Not a student? Share with a blind or low-vision teen today!

Meet new people. Learn new things. Have an exciting adventure!

Transportation and Hotel

Participant’s transportation to and from the program will be arranged by the National Federation of the Blind. Students will travel to St. Paul/Minneapolis on Sunday and will travel home on the following Saturday. This is a residential program; students will stay in a hotel (with a roommate) paid for by the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute and all meals will be provided.

How to Apply

Blind or low-vision students in grades 9-12 during the 2019-2020 school year in a school (public, private, charter, residential, or home school) in the United States and available to attend the entire program are encouraged to apply.

Apply Now! <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16049&qid=3295871>

Applications are due March 29, 2020. No registration fee and minimal costs! Read the FAQs <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16050&qid=3295871>  for more details about cost.

Contact Us

Contact us at STEM at nfb.org <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15892&qid=3255731> , 410-659-9314, extension 2418, or by mail:

National Federation of the Blind
c/o NFB EQ
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230

This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15893&qid=3255731>  under Grant No. 1712887. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16051&qid=3295871>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16052&qid=3295871>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16053&qid=3295871>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16054&qid=3295871>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16055&qid=3295871>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16056&qid=3295871>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

 <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=13514&qid=3295871&h=9d66536d42399106> Unsubscribe |  <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=13514&qid=3295871&h=9d66536d42399106> Opt Out |   <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16057&qid=3295871> Sign Up for Our E-newsletter

200 E WELLS ST
BALTIMORE, MD 21230-4850
United States

..