[Ohio-Talk] Join Us | National Federation of the Blind

Carolyn Peters dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 17:05:31 UTC 2020

Greetings everyone, more information to add to your toolbox for membership. Share this information with people you see in places you visit.
Dr. Carolyn Peters
Membership Chair
Ohio affiliate, National Federation Of The Blind
937-657–5134
https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/join-us

Join Us
The National Federation of the Blind welcomes all blind people, parents of blind children, blind students, those losing vision, and more. We are a family of members and friends that knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. You can live the life you want.

How to Join

The best way to become a member of the National Federation of the Blind is to attend a chapter or division meeting in your local area. You can find your nearest chapter or division meeting by reaching out to your state affiliate president. Membership in a chapter or division will automatically grant you membership in your state affiliate and the national organization.

Contact your state affiliate president today.

As a member, you will have:

Access to national and local resources and information
The support of a powerful community
Connections to blind mentors
Access to training
National and local NFB voting rights
A subscription to our monthly e-newsletter
Open House Gathering Calls

The National Federation of the Blind invites blind people to learn more about being a member and the benefits. Take advantage of this opportunity to hear from active members and leaders on the myths and uncertainties of the Federation. We will discuss membership, philosophy, and purpose.

Our 2019 one-hour-long open house gathering calls are scheduled for the followings dates:

September 18, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. EST
October 20, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. EST
November 20, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. EST
December 15, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. EST
Sign up by emailing membership at nfb.org or calling 410-659-9314, extension 2509.

Member-at-Large

If you live in an area that doesn’t have a local chapter or division, or if other factors prevent you from attending a chapter or division meeting, you can join the National Federation of the Blind as a member-at-large. While this option might not include as many networking and friendship-building opportunities, joining the NFB as a member-at-large will give you:

National voting rights
A subscription to our monthly e-newsletter
You can become a member-at-large by filling out our member-at-large online form. You can also use this member-at-large form (Word) and mail your information and payment to us.

For more information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sent from my iPhone