[Ohio-Talk] Very important message from John . Paré

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 21:37:06 UTC 2020

Thank you for your fantastic work at Washington Seminar. As President
Riccobono reported in his weekly notebook, we had a significant increase in
all of our cosponsor counts.

In the House, the Access Technology Affordability Act went from forty-nine
to sixty-three cosponsors. And in the Senate, it went from fifteen to
seventeen cosponsors. The GAIN Act went from four to thirteen cosponsors.
Finally, AIM HIGH went from four to twelve cosponsors in the House.

This Washington Seminar was one of the most productive Washington Seminars
in recent history.

We will need to continue to build the momentum on each of our issues. We
will begin by focusing on the Access Technology Affordability Act. We will
be sending out a legislative alert tomorrow urging our members to call their
Representative or Senators to urge them to cosponsor this legislation if
they have not already done so.

If you were not able to report your rankings for any of your meetings, it is
still possible to do so. Please email Jesa at jmedders at nfb.org
<mailto:jmedders at nfb.org> . Please include the name of the member of
Congress and the state along with the ranking for each issue. The rankings
are yes, no, undecided, or not discussed. If you have textual notes, please
also include them.

Additionally, if you were unable to attend the Autonomous Vehicle Hearing,
you can watch and listen to President Riccobono using the following link:
https://youtu.be/ZgGVhDbe-pI?t=3142. It is time stamped to begin with his
remarks.

Warm regards,

John G. Paré Jr.
Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2218 | Jpare at nfb.org <mailto:Jpare at nfb.org>

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com