[Ohio-Talk] braille slates and stylers

Robert Sabwami robert.jawstec at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 17:55:25 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Kindly allow me to put in a request for braille slates and stylers or
any other blindness related resources just in case you have them and
you do not use them. This is on behalf of my blind brother Mark
Sabwami who has set up a project in western Kenya following his social
entrepreneurship training in India. He wants to provide training and
support in nonvisual skills including braille and assistive
technology. Most of the blind and visually folks in this region have,
for decades, been cut off from learning and employment opportunities
due to lack of information and resources. Some are literally hidden in
their homes for years with no hope for a dignified life. Mark just got
started with his first cohort of four students.

You can see his graduation speech during his 2019 graduation ceremony
while in India:
Jipange opens doors for the blind in Kitale Kenya | kanthari TALKS
2019 | Mark Sabwami | Kenya – YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFSh2nkcGVo&t=60s

If you wish to partner or find out more about marks project, please visit:
https://www.jipange.org/

Thank you!

--
Robert

~ IT IS ONLY WITH THE HEART THAT ONE CAN SEE RIGHTLY;
WHAT IS ESSENTIAL IS INVISIBLE TO THE EYE
~