[Ohio-Talk] Ohio Legislative Update

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 23:43:01 UTC 2020

For many years on this day, I would post a message saying happy birthday to the Rock Then I would call Paul Dressell and say happy birthday over the phone. We would talk about birthday plans and other things. Most all conversations included the Reds, football or both. Obviously, I can’t do that anymore, but I thought about Paul today as Richard and I participated in the meeting of the Health Committee in the Ohio House of Representatives. Today the committee held the third hearing on HB 214. Richard testified and told his personal story. I batted cleanup and answered questions.

HB 188 was voted out of committee with unanimous support. The House will probably vote on the Bill next week. It will go to the senate after that. So, we still have a lot of work to do. This bill died in the Senate last session, and we cannot let that happen again.

What does any of this have to do with Paul Dressell? Well today is his birthday, and Paul was always there supporting our legislative efforts. He would be proud of what we accomplished today.

Eric