[Ohio-Talk] Sight Center

Dave Bertsch dwbertsch at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:19:53 UTC 2020

Well, thanks Barbara, but I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt before casting a cloud over them on our list here. Your point on the Akron Center is unfortunately valid but I didn't meet with an agency, I met with people, and they're doing some good work there. Just because one facility or agency is failing to fulfill its mission, I'm not going to look at every other facility or agency in a skeptical or cynical light. That would diminish our opportunity to work with them and help them improve their services and their focus. Focusing on long ago past disappointments with them, most likely different people there at the time, creates the same roadblock to learning from each other and working together. The people make the difference. Room to improve? Sure, like all of us. But I will readily and gladly refer people in that part of Ohio to the Sight Center in Toledo.

Dave Bertsch
Greater Akron