[Ohio-Talk] You’re Registered! National Convention News & Updates

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:41:22 UTC 2020

Ohio,

You ask if I am excited, well aren’t you? We will meet before the convention and at the convention so stay tuned.

Subject: You’re Registered! National Convention News & Updates

  <https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/logo%20for%202020%20national%20covention%20-%20dark.jpg>

Thank you for registering! Don’t miss the latest convention updates.

National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind
July 14 through July 18
Anywhere & Everywhere

We look forward to a great convention with new twists. Stay tuned for more announcements as they become available. This is the first of several emails you will receive with information about accessing all of the exciting opportunities the 2020 National Convention will offer. We encourage you to share this information with chapter members who may not receive emails.

More information can also be found at nfb.org/convention <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17389&qid=3816857> . Información en Español <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17390&qid=3816857> .

A First for Us All: Attend the Rookie Round Up

All convention attendees are cordially invited to attend a welcoming Zoom meeting Tuesday, July 7 from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. EDT. President Riccobono and Pam Allen will be on hand to kick off the convention a week before it starts and preview its activities. More helpful tips to help you prepare will be included in subsequent emails and posted on nfb.org/convention <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17389&qid=3816857> .

Click this link to join: https://zoom.us/j/91250893803 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17441&qid=3816857>
Or dial: +1 301 715 8592
Zoom Webinar ID: 912 5089 3803
One-tap mobile: +13017158592,,91250893803#

To join a Zoom meeting via web or phone, click on the Zoom link, dial the appropriate phone number, or hit one-tap mobile, and add the corresponding meeting ID listed for the event you are joining. For an accessible tutorial of the Zoom platform, access the audiobook,  <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16449&amp;qid=> Meet Me in the Cloud.

Community and Conduct at the Convention

We are committed to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone. Thank you for cultivating an atmosphere in which participants from diverse backgrounds can learn, network, and share with each other in an environment of mutual respect. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. These principles have been outlined in our code of conduct <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17391&qid=3816857> .

We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Prohibited behaviors include harassment, unwelcome sexual attention, and inappropriate use of the NFB virtual convention platform. Prohibited behavior or misuse of the platform will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the convention and/or other consequences. For assistance or to report an incident at the convention, please call 410-659-9314, extension 2475 or email coc at nfb.org <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17392&qid=3816857>  for immediate attention. Formal reports can be submitted here <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17393&qid=3816857> . All formal reports will be fully investigated according to the steps in our code of conduct. Thank you for doing your part to contribute to our community and the high expectations we strive to maintain.

Thank You to the Sponsors of the 2020 National Convention <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17394&qid=3816857>

Platinum: Google, JPMorgan Chase & Co, Microsoft, Oracle, UPS, Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Vispero

Gold: Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP, Target, Waymo

Silver: Adobe, Amazon, AT&T, Facebook, Lyft, Market Development Group, Pearson, Sprint Accessibility

Bronze: ACT Inc., Aira, American Printing House, Learning Ally, Verizon Media, Charter Spectrum, Democracy Live, VitalSource Technologies, HumanWare, Wells Fargo

White Cane: C&P – Chris Park Design, Duxbury Systems, En-Vision America, Envision Inc., LCI, Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld LLP, McGraw-Hill Education

Requests for Accommodations Based on Disability

Due to the size and complexity of this convention, as well as the need to appropriately plan for additional human and other resources, requests for specific accommodations you require to participate fully and equally were due to us thirty days prior to the convention. If you have not submitted your request, please do so immediately by sending an email to jerniganinstitute at nfb.org <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17395&qid=3816857> . Late requests will be considered but we cannot guarantee that we can fulfill them due to time and resource constraints.

We are committed to providing captioning for every general meeting and for those meetings attended by deafblind participants. If you plan to attend a seminar and would like to ensure that captioning is provided, please email jerniganinstitute at nfb.org <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17395&qid=3816857>  ahead of time with a list of convention sessions you will be attending. You may also connect with the NFB DeafBlind Division <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17396&qid=3816857>  to learn more.

Pre-Convention Activities

Be sure to take part in the following activities for a chance to win:

*	Convention Memory Minute Contest <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17397&qid=3816857>
*	The Give $20 Campaign <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17398&qid=3816857>
*	Join the NFB20 discussion on Facebook <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17399&qid=3816857>

Stay tuned for more information.

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17400&qid=3816857>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17401&qid=3816857>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17402&qid=3816857>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17403&qid=3816857>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17404&qid=3816857>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17405&qid=3816857>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

 <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=14389&qid=3816857&h=9c7ed081e32d7150> Unsubscribe |  <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=14389&qid=3816857&h=9c7ed081e32d7150> Opt Out |   <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17406&qid=3816857> Sign Up for Our E-newsletter

..

  <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/open.php?q=3816857>

Richard Payne,  President

937/829/3368

 <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com> Rchpay7 at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you bac