[Ohio-Talk] have you completed the 2020 Census?

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:34:07 UTC 2020

Hello Ohio! If you haven’t already, take a little time out of your day
to fill out the U.S. Census form.

Starting mid-April: The Census Bureau mailed paper questionnaires to
homes that had not yet responded online or by phone.
•	July 1 - September 3: Census takers will work with administrators at
colleges, senior centers, prisons, and other facilities that house
large groups of people to make sure everyone is counted.
•	August 11 – October 31: Census takers will interview homes that
haven't responded to the 2020 Census to help make sure everyone is
counted.
•	December: The Census Bureau will deliver apportionment counts to the
President and Congress as required by law.

You Can Still Respond
April 1 is a reference date, not a deadline to respond. When you
respond online, by phone, or by mail, count everyone living in your
home as of April 1.

Your response matters.
Health clinics. Fire departments. Schools. Even roads and highways.
The census can shape many different aspects of your community.

Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal
funding flow into states and communities each year.

The results determine how many seats in Congress each state gets.

It's mandated by the U.S. Constitution in Article 1, Section 2: The
U.S. has counted its population every 10 years since 1790.

Onward!

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

Community Service Committee

I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the National
Federation of the Blind because my expectations are raised, my
contributions make a
difference to
me and to others, and I can celebrate the realization of my dreams with my
Federation family.

shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood