[Ohio-Talk] The National Federation of the Blind National Scholarship Program

Jordy Stringer jssocil at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:25:18 UTC 2020

The National Federation of the Blind's annual scholarship program is the
largest of its kind in the nation. Every year, we award more than $120,000
to blind scholars across the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and
Puerto Rico in recognition of their achievements and professional
aspirations.

Thanks to our generous partners, there are thirty merit-based scholarships
currently available, ranging from $3,000 to $12,000. All scholarships are
awarded on the basis of academic excellence, community service, and
leadership. The finalists are announced every spring. They then attend our
national convention in July when the winners of each individual scholarship
are selected. Scholarship winners have gone on to succeed in careers
ranging from computer science and engineering to civil rights law and
international diplomacy.

How to Apply
Visit
nfb.org/scholarships and follow the links.

Deadline
The application period for the 2020 program will be open from November 1,
2019 through March 31, 2020.

Eligibility
The following requirements apply to all applicants:

Must be legally blind in both eyes.
Must be residing in the United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto
Rico.
Must be pursuing or planning to pursue a full-time, post-secondary course
of study in a degree program at a U.S. institution in the fall of the year
of application (one scholarship may be given to a person employed full-time
while attending school part-time).
Must participate in the entire NFB National Convention and in all of its
scheduled scholarship program activities (finalists will receive assistance
to attend the national convention).
For more information regarding eligibility, we strongly encourage you to
review our scholarship program FAQs attached for your review.

Jordy D. Stringer, Executive Director

Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living, 418 South Broad Street
Lancaster, OH 43130

E-mail: jssocil at gmail.com

Phone: (740) 689-1494 EXT (11)

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with
love and reverence."

 -Henry David Thoreau