[Ohio-Talk] Lyft Credits for NFB Members - please use discretion

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:53:04 UTC 2020

Dear members of the Affiliate:

It is heartwarming that many of our corporate partners are reaching out to us to join in our mission to serve blind people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our rideshare partners at Lyft are providing us with a general coupon code equivalent to 200 Lyft coupons worth $20 each.  The code is being made available for use through March 31, and is exclusive for use by the leaders of the NFB. This message is being shared with you, but we request that you NOT forward it. Please use this with a high degree of discretion, so that its impact is targeted where it is most needed.

You can only get the code from me or Suzanne,

Your chapter president will need to reach out to us to confirm the need.

>From Lyft: In response to COVID-19, Lyft is offering free rides to NFB members using the $20 valued code until 4/1/20 for essential services, as deemed by your locality (i.e. grocery store, pharmacy, critical healthcare services). There is a limited quantity available. $20 credits per user. Max savings of $20 per ride. Valid until 4/1/20, 12:01AM. Cannot be combined with other ride credits or offers. Subject to Lyft's Terms of Service. All riders are asked to stay home if they are sick, and should work with a medical professional to discuss transportation options if they need to see a doctor. Per the CDC, anyone who suspects they may have or is diagnosed with COVID-19 should not use ridesharing.

The code should be used to assist our members or any other blind person in your affiliate that you feel would benefit from this assistance. In order to use the code, individuals that you approve must:

(a) download and install the Lyft mobile application (“Lyft App”) on a compatible mobile device

(b) create and maintain and active Lyft account, including agreeing to Lyft’s terms of service

(c) successfully redeem the code in the rider’s Lyft app

(d) take a standard ride using the Lyft app

(e) successfully apply the Lyft credit at the end of the ride

(Note: For a ride taken by a rider that exceeds the amount of the Lyft code, Lyft will charge the rider’s personal payment method on file for the remaining cost of the ride.)

Please use discretion in assigning the code, and explain that the code should not be shared with anyone. If they are aware of someone they feel could benefit from this assistance, they should refer them to you or your designee.

We want to make the process as simple as possible, while exercising care to protect the code, and to collect information that would be helpful to us. When assigning the code, please collect the following information:

Name of individual requesting the code:

Their city and state:

Description of how the code will be used:

Please store this information in a spreadsheet if possible, or in a simple Word document, and send it to Mya Taylor mtaylor at nfb.org <mailto:mtaylor at nfb.org>  by Friday, April 3. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Yours in the Federation,

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 |  <mailto:officeofthepresident at nfb.org> officeofthepresident at nfb.org

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>