[Ohio-Talk] The Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) Free Daily Wellness Calls

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:31:07 UTC 2020

Free Daily Wellness Calls: The Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) announced last
week a free, daily check-in by phone service for Ohio's older residents to
ensure their well-being amid the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) public
health emergency and beyond. The "Staying Connected" service is open to Ohio
residents age 60  or older who have a valid phone number. Those living alone
in the community are encouraged to enroll.

The automated service, which is available 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a
week, contacts participants each day within a one-hour window selected by
them during sign-up. After confirming the caller is OK, it offers to connect
the caller with the local Area Agency on Aging for information about
services or assistance.

If a participant does not answer after three attempts, a call is placed to
an alternate contact, if one is on file. After multiple failed attempts to
reach the participant and the alternate contact, a call is placed to the
non-emergency services line of the local sheriff's office.  Eligible Ohio
residents can learn more, or sign up, by visiting
www.aging.ohio.gov/stayingconnected or calling 1-833-ODA-CHAT
(1-833-632-2428).

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Affiliate Vice President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.