[Ohio-Talk] HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY 2020

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Mon May 25 03:24:10 UTC 2020

Thanks Jay W. We do serve an awesome God.

On May 23, 2020, at 1:32 PM, Smith, JW via Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

I want to wish each of you a very happy Memorial Day weekend and I want to remind you that this is probably the most important holiday we can celebrate as Americans in the United States of America.

Without the service, sacrifice and dedication of my grandfather, father and one of my brothers and so many many others, we would probably not be able to celebrate any other holidays and events in this great country of ours!

Twelve score and four years ago, this wonderful nation was founded and committed itself to creating a more perfect union and I dare say we are on our way.

We are not perfect yet and probably never will be or should be, but every day we keep working on it some more than others, but nevertheless, the goal remains the same.

Each week when I step into one of my classes I have to pause sometime and pinch myself to see if this is really happening and to remind myself that perhaps only in the United States of America is my story and reality possible.

We are a Blessed people and we should never forget it and also we should remember, that our unique nation is not and accident or mistake but one that has been and continues too be Blessed and to be a Blessing too so many others.

On Monday the 25th I will reflect on this and so much more and I will thank God for those that have and continue to serve in our military to give me the amazing opportunity to teach at a great University and to enjoy the freedoms and liberties that so many including blind people gave their lives for.

I don't know if I have ever shared this but when I graduated high school in 1976, an Air Force recruiter contacted me and wanted to have me join until he found out I was blind.

What I did not tell him then was, I always wanted to join the Air Force and fly those planes and if I had had my sight, he would not have had to try very hard to recruit me.

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OUR MILITARY.