[Ohio-Talk] FW: MHFA Monthly: 4 Tips to Help Manage Burnout

Wanda wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 29 20:43:24 UTC 2020

From: Mental Health First Aid [mailto:Communications at TheNationalCouncil.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 4:03 PM
To: wsloan118 at roadrunner.com
Subject: MHFA Monthly: 4 Tips to Help Manage Burnout

Mental Health First Aid Monthly Newsletter

To view this email as a web page, click here <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/v/UhGv04F0RJ0MfT03cb000ED>

#BeTheDifference For Your Workplace With MHFA at Work

Across the country, COVID-19 has changed our lives, including how and where we work. For many of us, the line between work and home has been blurred (or erased altogether) and most of our communications have been online instead of in person. With increasing uncertainty around us, it’s crucial that we make mental health in the workplace a priority.

According to the American Institute of Stress <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/I0c0yMD0R4vvbf3h0O0JF00> , nearly 83% of U.S. workers experience work-related stress. Between stressful deadlines and symptoms of burnout, it can be difficult to balance your mental health and stay on top of workload. Even if you aren’t personally struggling, you may have a colleague who is.

That’s why we're sharing how MHFA at Work can help you take care of your own mental health in the workplace and identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health or substance use challenges among colleagues. It’s important to remember that we are all experiencing this challenging time together, and nobody should have to weather the storm alone.

It’s not easy to see someone close to you struggling. However, you can #BeTheDifference in your workplace with MHFA at Work and support your colleagues both virtually and in person.

Check out the graphic and blog posts below for tips and resources to help you #BeTheDifference for those around you. Feel free to share them with your network.

You can find these tips on social media too – follow us on Twitter <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/c0403hvM0RbJ0cfFw0DzO00> , Facebook <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/a0300R0chM0D00xFAJbO4vf> , and Instagram <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/HM0030h0bvyDOF40RcJ00Bf> !

 <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/qcFM0f0DRz0b4O03J0vC00h>

Tips from the Curriculum

Lead by Supporting Employee Mental Health

Chuck Ingoglia, president and CEO of the National Council for Behavioral Health, invites you to support mental health in the workplace with MHFA at Work.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/HM0030h0bvADOF40RcJ00Df> .

How to Recognize if Your Colleague is Struggling

Recognizing when a colleague or employee is struggling can be vital to making sure they get the support they need in a timely manner.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/Q0OF0DJ0ME3Rh0bcf00B4v0> .

#BeTheDifference for Your Employees with MHFA at Work

Our new Mental Health First Aid Training and Education in the Workplace Solutions can help you create a mentally healthy workplace in which individuals feel valued, supported and respected.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/gF0D4bR0h30cJF0fM000COv> .

How to be an Effective Listener at Work

Knowing how to be an effective listener can help you have a productive and supportive conversation in the workplace and help you be a better colleague, employer and leader.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/a0300R0chM0D00yFwJbT4vf> .

ALGEE in the News

The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay plans to train 5,000 people in MHFA over the next three years.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/WM0czbJ4R0x3Ffv00h0DT00> .

HopeHealth makes sure staff and providers are trained in suicide prevention tools and resources, including MHFA.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/P000b0fMRJ0vy40T0DAFch3> .

Regence BlueCross BlueShield is training its customer service professionals in MHFA to better support members.

Read more <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/Mb0F0h0DMT4cf00BR0vJ0z3> .

Thank you for choosing to #BeTheDifference, Mental Health First Aid USA

 <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/K00h4MJ00RTA3CfDv0cb0F0>     <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/a0300R0chM0D00DFBJbT4vf>

The   <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/eb0DCF03000JMT0h4cERv0f> National Council for Behavioral Health is the unifying voice of America’s health care organizations that deliver mental health and addictions treatment and services. Together with our 3,326 member organizations serving over 10 million adults, children and families living with mental illnesses and addictions, the National Council is committed to all Americans having access to comprehensive, high-quality care that affords every opportunity for recovery. The National Council introduced   <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/z0hD3fR0004JbDTcMvF0F00> Mental Health First Aid USA  and 2 million Americans have been trained. For more information, please visit   <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/eb0DCF03000JMT0h4cERv0f> www.TheNationalCouncil.org.

This email was sent to wsloan118 at roadrunner.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may update your preferences <https://go.thenationalcouncil.org/u/ycTMDhvb0f0RFJF04H00030>  at any time.