[Ohio-Talk] National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota 2020 Annual State Convention goes virtual!

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:10:45 UTC 2020

National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota 2020 Annual State
Convention goes virtual!

September 11th and 12th 2020

We invite anyone and everyone to join with our federation family from across
the nation to unite with us and gather via the Zoom platform for our 2020
state convention.

Join us to learn about the National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota
and why the federation is one of the greatest gifts you can give to
yourself!

learn what is going on in North Dakota and beyond from some of our guest
speakers including Pam Allen, the National Federation of the Blind Vice
President and Executive Director of the Louisiana Training Center for the
Blind who will kick off our convention on Friday morning following our
welcome from our National Federation of the Blind of North Dakota President
Jesse Shirek!

We will hear an inspirational presentation from Michael Hingson the author
of "Thunder Dog" on the 19th anniversary of 911. Michael and his former
guide dog Roselle led a group of people out to safety. During the 911
attacks.

Our neighbors in Minnesota will be in attendance, including Executive
Director, Jennifer Kennedy of BLIND Inc, one of the three National
Federation of the Blind training Centers in Minneapolis.

There will be a session on Friday evening for parents of blind students' and
teachers of the blind.

Vendor presentations.

Saturday evening Banquet, and a brief presentation from the National
Federation of the Blind National Scholarship winner Paxton Frankie of Fargo,
followed by our featured banquet speaker Gary Wonder, who will stand in for
our National President Mark Riccobono.

Our agenda is building each day, so register today to get the latest
updates.

There is no cost to attend but you must register to be eligible for a chance
to win door prizes and receive updates and the full agenda with access
information to Zoom rooms for each session.  The Zoom platform gives access
via a computer and the internet, smart phone apps, dial-in on a mobile phone
or land line.

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScACqMMwObbaNOS6lAFcgkbuTzoQZnXG0k
feSyadmgu54Fzqg/viewform?usp=sf_link> Register here for free by filling out
the secure Google form

We will hold elections this year for the National Federation of the Blind of
North Dakota. To vote, you must be a member in good standing prior to the
start of the convention. You can still pay dues by credit or debit card
using PayPal.

<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SPT3FC
F58QHHA> Pay your membership dues or renew your membership.

Donations appreciated and can be made through PayPal:

Richard Payne,  President

937/829/3368

 <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com> Rchpay7 at gmail.com

blindness is not what holds you back.