[Ohio-Talk] A wonderful opportunity for today!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 16:52:41 UTC 2020

Members,

Forgive my dictation, as my power is out and I do not have phone service nor Internet.

A wonderful opportunity for us to attend the Louisiana convention is today. I have been crying for about 10 minutes, due to powerful speakers who were newly blind and could not find an opportunity to learn to be productive in society. Yolonda Harris gave a powerful and inspirational talk on how she did not know a blind person from, 1996 until 2010 and.  For those many years, she said on her couch and did not know how she could be productive as a blind woman. Then, one day she saw, the national Federation of the blind convention was coming to Texas. She requested her family to assist her in getting there. However, they were cynical and explain to her that she would not be able to participate and would remain in her hotel room. When they arrive, to their amazement, they saw blind people doing everything. It started for her at that moment.

As many blind people attend their rehabilitation services in their state, Yolonda knew that she needed more. She was unable to find employment because her skills were lacking. She remembered seeing Pam Allen make a presentation about the, Louisiana center for the blind. So, Yolonda started there in getting to the place where she knew she had to be. It took her from 2010 to 2019 to get to the Louisiana center for the blind. Her counselors gave her Opposition, and it was her determination that got her there. She will graduate  from the Louisiana Center for the blind. Our own Alex French will also have an opportunity this afternoon to talk about his quest to the Louisiana center for the blind. Please support him in his speech this afternoon.

There are powerful seminars going on now. You can attend everything from, fitness, public speaking, learning how to use an Apple Watch and networking. Check out the agenda! I am so inspired and still crying!

Suzanne

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message: