[Ohio-Talk] Fw: Including provisions to prohibit blindness from being used to deny or limit care of a minor in the 2021 Budget

ryan sima ryansima at att.net
Fri Apr 16 22:26:23 UTC 2021

Hello all,
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote the letter to my local representative and senator that Todd sent out, and I got a wonderful response I wanted to share. I will be sure to send an invite to our May Cuyahoga County chapter meeting. I hope others have sent the letter and received similar responses.

Ryan    ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Rep14 at ohiohouse.gov <rep14 at ohiohouse.gov>To: 'ryan sima' <ryansima at att.net>Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021, 04:57:21 PM EDTSubject: RE: Including provisions to prohibit blindness from being used to deny or limit care of a minor in the 2021 Budget
 #yiv3006496579 #yiv3006496579 -- _filtered {} _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv3006496579 #yiv3006496579 p.yiv3006496579MsoNormal, #yiv3006496579 li.yiv3006496579MsoNormal, #yiv3006496579 div.yiv3006496579MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;}#yiv3006496579 a:link, #yiv3006496579 span.yiv3006496579MsoHyperlink {color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv3006496579 a:visited, #yiv3006496579 span.yiv3006496579MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:#954F72;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv3006496579 p.yiv3006496579MsoPlainText, #yiv3006496579 li.yiv3006496579MsoPlainText, #yiv3006496579 div.yiv3006496579MsoPlainText {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:serif;}#yiv3006496579 span.yiv3006496579PlainTextChar {font-family:serif;}#yiv3006496579 .yiv3006496579MsoChpDefault {font-family:sans-serif;} _filtered {}#yiv3006496579 div.yiv3006496579WordSection1 {}#yiv3006496579
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. Your feedback allows me to better represent you in the Ohio Statehouse, and your willingness to speak out makes our democracy work by providing the catalyst for real change.

I am so grateful for your advocacy on this important issue, and I am supportive of prohibiting blindness from being used to deny or limit care of a minor. It is so disappointing that, even today, blindness has been used as the sole determining factor in making decision about child custody and visitation. Blind individuals deserve to be and are just as capable of being parents as those who are not blind. I voted in favor of this legislation in the last General Assembly, and I will do everything in my power to get this over the finish line in this General Assembly.

Thanks again for reaching out. Your active participation is an important part of making government work for the people. Please don’t hesitate to call or email anytime that I might be of service.

All the best,

Bride Rose Sweeney

State Representative

14th Ohio House District

77 S. High Street – 10th Floor

Columbus, OH 43215

(614) 466-3350

Rep14 at ohiohouse.gov

Website |Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter