[Ohio-Talk] Welcome to the board

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:29:12 UTC 2021

Dear membership,

Please Join me in welcoming Kinshuk Tella to the state board of directors.

                We encourage the participation of all members. Come take
part in    the state board meeting and   to advocate for positive change.

If you are elected in office even though you are not on the state board of
directors, you should plan to attend this board meeting. I look to hear you
on the call.

National federation of the blind of Ohio board of directors meeting agenda
for April 24,2021

This meeting will be held at 9:00 am on our normal Ohio zoom platform.

Please be on time and follow the zoom courtesy rules.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Call meeting to order. President Payne

Motion to approve the January minutes.

Financial                              report, Todd.

Chapter division and committee reports presidents and chairs only please.

Newsletter, Barbra

Update on cases and issues that we are currently working on in Ohio,
President Payne, and other leaders.

Legislation, Eric

Scholarship report, Jordy

National convention registration and Donations President Payne and other
leaders.

For the Honor Roll Call:

Each year affiliates and national divisions make donations to the funds that
help sustain our movement: Kenneth Jernigan Fund, Jacobus tenBroek Memorial
Fund, SUN Fund, and White Cane Fund. Starting in 2021 and for future years,
all affiliates and divisions are asked to make contributions or pledges
starting May 1. Affiliates and divisions should send an email to
<mailto:rollcall at nfb.org> rollcall at nfb.org to let us know the name of the
organization, how much it is contributing to each fund, and when the check
is expected to be mailed. We will collect and track this information as
contributions are received. We ask that all pledges be fulfilled by August
1, 2021. You should make donations to the Kenneth Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund,
and White Cane Fund payable to National Federation of the Blind, and
donations to the Jacobus tenBroek Memorial Fund payable to that fund. Make
sure to put Honor Roll Call in the memo of any check sent for this purpose,
and mail it to 200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, Attention: Fiscal
Services - Roll Call.

Door Prizes:

We are accepting door prizes for the 2021 National Convention. We request
cash donations so that we can distribute gift cards and gift certificates as
prizes. Cash donations make it easier to create prize groups and to
distribute prizes from one location. Please make your checks payable to
National Federation of the Blind and write Door Prizes in the memo. You
should mail the check to National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells
Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, Attention: Fiscal Services - DP. By addressing
the check this way, we will easily identify it as a door prize and process
it accordingly. You can also send an email to  <mailto:prize at nfb.org>
prize at nfb.org to let us know you are sending a contribution for the door
prizes and the full name of the organization that the contribution is from.
We want to make sure we recognize your organization in our thank-you list.
You can contact Bridgid Burke ( <mailto:bburke at nfb.org> bburke at nfb.org or
extension 2271) or Belinda Hooks

Registration and being able to vote at the national convention, Vice
president Turner.

Exhibit Do we have items to be considered and if so, who would be willing to
lead?

Voting in Ohio, President Payne Eric, and other leaders

Training Barbra and Todd

Other business.

Adjournment

                Join Zoom Meeting