[Ohio-Talk] 2021 Description and Instructions for NFB Ohio Awards

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:19:43 UTC 2021

Good Morning NFB of Ohio!

I am very proud and excited to present to you this year‘s Gavel and awards information. It is that exciting time of year leading up to our state convention in November, and one of the most exciting aspects of that convention is the presentation of the awards that demonstrates all of our accomplishments throughout our affiliate. It is my honor again this year to serve as your Awards Committee chairperson and our committee is brimming with anticipation to receive your nomination letters and Gavel questionnaires. Attached to this email you will find a description of all of the awards that will be considered, along with instructions on how to complete the Gavel  questionnaires for both chapters and divisions. Please let your chapter or division president know of any of your accomplishments that should be included in your questionnaire so that your chapter or division can receive as many points as possible. We really want this year to be a very tight race amongst all of our chapters and divisions. We truly do love reading about the great work that our members are doing throughout the year.

There will also be two additional emails coming out with the actual questionnaires attached. If any of you have any questions, please discuss them with your chapter or division president, or contact a member of our awards committee.

now, let’s go build the Federation! I am very much looking forward to announcing your chapter or division as a winner at our banquet on Saturday night during convention.

Annette Lutz
Chair
2021 Awards Committee

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.