[Ohio-Talk] National Federation of the Blind Scholarship Program

Jordy Stringer jssocil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 21:37:14 UTC 2021

Good afternoon federation family, I hope this note finds you all well and
preparing for the upcoming holiday.

I wanted to share information about our annual National Scholarship
Program. Please read on for further details. If you have any questions you
should first consult the NFB Scholarship Facts Page at:

https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-program/scholarship-program-faqs

To apply you can visit: https://nfb.org/civicrm/scholarships/login

to create an account and complete  the application.

The National Federation of the Blind's annual scholarship program is the
largest of its kind in the nation. Every year, we award more than $120,000
to blind scholars across the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and
Puerto Rico in recognition of their achievements and professional
aspirations.

How to Apply

Please complete the application in full by March 31, 2022.

Eligibility

The following requirements apply to all applicants:

Must be legally blind in both eyes.

Must be residing in the United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto
Rico.

Must be 18 years of age by July 5, 2022.

Must be pursuing or planning to pursue a full-time, post-secondary course
of study in a degree program at a U.S. institution in the fall of the year
of application (one scholarship may be given to a person employed full-time
while attending school part-time).

Must participate in the entire NFB National Convention and in all of its
scheduled scholarship program activities (finalists will receive assistance
to attend the national convention).

For more information regarding eligibility, we strongly encourage you to
review our scholarship program FAQs.

https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-program/scholarship-program-faqs

NFB/HumanWare STEM Internship Opportunity

HumanWare is a leading assistive technology company that designs and
manufactures products to help blind people participate equally in society.
Due to the extraordinary circumstances brought about by the COVID-19
pandemic, this internship opportunity has changed. This year, HumanWare
will offer each of two winning candidates one new Brailliant BI40 and
$1,000 to be used toward tuition fees. If you are a technically minded
student with aspirations of a career in product testing and/or marketing,
we invite you to fill out an additional application for the HumanWare/NFB
STEM award.

To apply, check the checkbox on the first page of the online application
that says, “Yes, I would like to complete an additional application for the
2021 HumanWare internship.” Once you have checked this box, you will
continue to complete the NFB scholarship application. However, before you
submit the application, there will be an additional page where you will be
given an opportunity to complete the HumanWare award application. For more
information, please review our scholarship program FAQs.

For more information about the scholarship program, please contact our
scholarship committee chairperson (email is preferred).

Cayte Mendez, Chairperson

NFB Scholarship Committee

Email: scholarships at nfb.org

Phone: 410-659-9314, extension 2415

--

Jordy D. Stringer, Executive Director

Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living, 418 South Broad Street
Lancaster, OH 43130

E-mail: jssocil at gmail.com

Phone: (740) 689-1494 EXT (11)

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with
love and reverence."

 -Henry David Thoreau