[Ohio-Talk] Some Christmas music for your enjoyment

Macy McClain macymcclain0990 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 21:21:05 UTC 2021

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to share that the Christmas Reapers album for this year is out. For those who don't know, Reaper is a digital audio workstation (DAW), which is a multi-track audio editor used on a computer. Think of Reaper as being another form of Audacity. Anyway, the reason that blind people can use Reaper is because of an open-source extension called OSARA. OSARA works with many different screenreaders, including JAWS, NVDA, Narrator, and VoiceOver on the Mac. I am on 2 tracks on this album, and the proceeds from this album go to supporting the development of OSARA. If you are able, please support the album, and the people that make it happen. These are blind and sighted people from all over the world, harnessing the power of community through music. I am only just a small part, and I'm incredibly grateful to the talented friends who mixed, played piano and drums, mastered, and pulled off some amazing arrangements. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!
The link to order and sample the songs is below. If anyone needs help ordering, I'd be glad to help. Here's the link.
https://christmasreapers.bandcamp.com/album/christmas-time-is-here
To continue the celebration, and of course, the Christmas spirit, one of my friends is hosting a radio show to talk all about the album, and the process behind the recordings. It's going to be a lot of fun. This happens tomorrow, Saturday December 18, from 1-3 PM eastern time. You can either tune into hkcradio.com, or ask your smart speaker of choice to play HKC Radio. You can also call in or text, and the host will answer your call or read your messages on air. All of the contact information is on the website, www.hkcradio.com
Thanks so much, and I hope to hear some of y'all tomorrow! Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!
Macy McClain