[Ohio-Talk] Employment opportunity with Accessible Pharmacy

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Mon Jul 12 18:05:50 UTC 2021

Thank you for reaching out to us about employment opportunities.  We are currently looking to hire someone for a part-time position in Ohio.  The job description is below. If you think that you might be a good fit, we'd love to have a conversation. Thank you again, Andy

Part-Time Sales Position

Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind is seeking ambitious blind or low-vision individuals to help us sell our services to the local blind and low vision community. Extensive sales experience is required.
Accessible Pharmacy is a comprehensive, home delivery pharmacy service specializing in the needs of the blind and low vision community. We are the only provider of its kind and the largest blind-owned healthcare company in the United States.

Our co-founder, and Chief Marketing and Accessibility Officer was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa in his early 20’s. After getting his PhD in marketing with a focus on retail accessibility, he identified a massive void in the marketplace: medication management and pharmacy services for the blind. After exhausting efforts to encourage the nation’s leading pharmacies to be more accessible, we decided to create our own marketplace!

What makes us unique is our ability to educate blind patients and family members, healthcare providers and caregivers to implement the best medication plan. Our goal is to achieve the best medical outcomes as well as help patients become more independent. Our pharmacy professionals are trained to understand the unique needs of those who are blind and low-vision. We offer patient consulting, various accessible packaging, braille & alternative labeling and diabetes support. There are no additional fees for this support.

We employ blind, as well as sighted, professionals because we believe that the blind should create solutions for the blind. We encourage our patients, staff partners to be part of the ongoing process to maximize the solutions.

In addition to prescription medication, we also supply: Insulin, vitamins & supplements, over-the-counter drugs, guide dog/pet medication and small, accessible medical equipment.

This isn’t just a job — it provides an invaluable healthcare solution to your local community. You will be trained about the nuances and benefits of Accessible Pharmacy and you will be responsible for communicating this information to your local blind organizations and individuals with full support from the Accessible Pharmacy healthcare team.

Details:
Extensive sales experience to individuals and/or organizations (B to C and B to B)
Performance-based compensation and bonus programs
Local travel only and the majority of sales can be done on the phone /Zoom
Must be comfortable speaking to groups in person, on the phone or online
Must be active with one or more local blind and/or disability organizations
Must be proficient using a computer for email communication, reporting and Zoom calls
Bachelor’s degree preferred
External Company URL: http://www.AccessiblePharmacy.com
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: info at AccessiblePharmacy.com and put “Sales Position” in the subject line

--
Andy Burstein
Chief Executive Officer

Shelley Duffy