[Ohio-Talk] Model Restoration Project

delcenia brown delcenia at prodigy.net
Sat Jun 19 17:13:22 UTC 2021

Hello Todd,

Put me down for $10.
Delcenia

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Todd Elzey via
Ohio-Talk
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2021 1:05 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Todd Elzey <toddelzey at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] Model Restoration Project

Fellow Federationists:

Today is a major day for the OSSB Model Restoration Project. At its June
meeting this morning the NFB of Ohio Springfield Chapter voted to donate
$1500 to the OSSB Model Restoration Project.  Yes, you read that number
correctly - the Springfield Chapter is donating $1500 to the project.

Once received, this donation will take us up over the $2500 mark in
donations, leaving us a mere $500 away from our goal of $3000.  We can do
this. Every donation counts and every donation will be matched by the NFB of
Ohio if received by July 1, 2021.  Let's meet our $3000 goal so that the NFB
of Ohio can donate a total of $6000 to OSSB to restore its valuable
historical and educational models.

We have received many big and small donations to get us to this point. We
need just 50 people to each donate $10 over the next eleven days to blow us
past that $3000 goal. I've already donated multiple times to the project,
but I am right now pledging another $10 to the project so it will just take
49 more of you to donate a mere $10 to get us over the $3000 mark. $10 is
less than it costs to go out to lunch once, it is about what it costs to go
to one movie, and it is less than it costs to buy many conveniences we spend
money on daily. But now that $10 you might spend at somewhere like Starbucks
can go towards helping restore historical and educational models that will
help blind children for decades to come to learn about the world in which
they live. To me, that's one of the best uses of $10 I can think of!  So dig
deep in the piggy bank for those quarters you've been saving and find that
extra $10 so we don't let the kids of OSSB down.

Send your donation today. Checks can be mailed to NFB of Ohio, Todd Elzey
Treasurer, 3779 Waterbury Dr, Dayton, OH  45439.  If you are sending in a
check do it right away so it doesn't miss the July 1 deadline because of
mail delays. But even better, you can donate electronically via PayPal or
Zelle. You can send PayPal or Zelle donations to treasurer at nfbohio.org

Thank you to the Springfield Chapter for stepping up to the plate in a big
way to support this project. Thank you to everyone else who has donated to
the project so far. And thank you to everyone who is going to donate over
the next 11 days to make sure we reach our goal of $3000.

Let's go build the National Federation of the Blind by helping the children
of OSSB learn more about the world in which they live by helping OSSB
restore their historical tactile models.

Todd Elzey, Treasurer
toddelzey at gmail.com