[Ohio-Talk] Eric's Father's Day Letter to the Legislature Regarding Parental Rights Legislation

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:19:49 UTC 2021

Good afternoon!

You might wonder sometimes if sending letters to the Legislature truly
works. We have proof today that they do indeed. Last Friday Secretary Eric
Duffy sent out a letter to every Representative and Senator connecting our
parental rights legislation to Fathers Day.  Since then we have received
replies from Representative Brent's Office and Senators Gavarone and Dolan.
Representative Brent has co-sponsored the legislation and will continue to
support it throughout the legislative process. Senators Gavarone and Dolan
both responded positively to the legislation.  So these types of letters do
indeed have an impact.  The more contact we can have with our legislators
on the parental rights legislation, the more likely we will be to get it
through the House and Senate this session. So if you have not written your
legislators regarding this important bill yet, please do so as soon as
possible.

Todd Elzey