[Ohio-Talk] OSSB Model Restoration Project Update

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 21:09:42 UTC 2021

Today is an exciting day for the NFB of Ohio. As of today, the NFB of Ohio
has received $3,175 from 19 donors for the OSSB Model Restoration project.
This now exceeds our original $3,000 goal. But the good news just keeps
coming. Because we are waiting on $600 in additional donations that have
been committed from two additional donors. When those donations are
received our total donations will be an incredible $3,775 to help fund the
model restorations at OSSB.

I want to throw out a major thank you to everyone who has donated so far.
The Springfield Chapter is our largest organization donor to date. The
chapter has donated $1500. Currently, our largest individual donor is
Annette Lutz. Annette has donated $525.

Incredibly we still have a week to go before the matching deadline of July
1, 2021. As I mentioned earlier we are awaiting $600 in committed
donations. $100 is coming from another NFB Chapter, and $500 is coming from
an individual with connections to the school.  When these donations are
received, the NFB of Ohio will be a mere $225 from $4,000 in donations. I
think we can exceed $4,000 in donations, which would mean a total donation
for model restorations of $8,000 or more. This would go a long way towards
helping OSSB restore all of the models so that they can be used by students
for decades to come. In fact, OSSB is putting a list together of all of the
models that still need to be restored.

So here is a challenge. Let's continue to show our commitment towards the
education of blind students by getting to or exceeding the $4,000 mark by
July 1, 2021. Also, we have only received donations for the OSSB Model
Restoration project from 1 NFB of Ohio Division, and a few Chapters. In
addition, there are still several members of the NFB of Ohio Board of
Directors and a bunch of Chapter Presidents who have not contributed to the
project yet. Let's get to where we can say that 100% of our Board of
Directors, 100% of our Chapters, 100% of our Chapter Presidents, and 100%
of our NFB of Ohio Divisions have shown their support for educating blind
students by donating to this project. Of course, we realize everyone can't
make a large donation, but every single donation counts. So even if all you
can donate is $10 that's awesome and is a major step forward in moving us
towards exceeding $4000 in donations.

Remember to donate make checks payable to the NFB of Ohio and mail them to
NFB of Ohio, Todd Elzey Treasurer, 3779 Waterbury Dr., Dayton, OH 45439. Of
course, it is quicker to make electronic donations. Since electronic
donations are received almost immediately they will be assured of reaching
us by the July 1 deadline. You can make electronic donations via Zelle or
Paypal. To make electronic payments please direct them to
treasurer at nfbohio.org  No matter how you donate, please make sure that you
designate the donation as being for the OSSB Model Restoration Project so
that it is properly credited.

Let's show OSSB the commitment of the NFB of Ohio to forwarding the
education of blind students by *SENDING IN YOUR DONATION TODAY!!*

Todd Elzey, Treasurer