[Ohio-Talk] Legislative Action Needed

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:53:27 UTC 2021

Good afternoon.  We have been working towards getting the NFB of Ohio's
Parental Rights Legislation included in this year's Budget as a means of
ensuring the quickest possible enactment of this legislation. We need every
member to call on their legislators to support including the Parental
Rights legislative language in the budget. If we are unable to get the
proposal in the budget, then we will have to go through the normal
legislative process, which will undoubtedly take longer.

So, we are asking that you contact your representative in both the House
and Senate. If you do not know who your representatives are, you can enter
your address at https://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/ and find out.
This is an Openstates website and I believe it to be accessible to screen
readers.

Attached to this email is a sample letter you can use in writing your
legislators. Please note that this sample has fields in brackets that must
be entered by you. Simply delete the bracketed text and insert the
information that is applicable to you. I have also included my own letter
to Representative Andrea White as a sample of what a letter can look like.

I recommend emailing rather than sending the letters via regular mail so
that the letter reached your representatives in a timely fashion. Each
House representative's email begins with the letters REP followed by their
district number followed by @ohiohouse.gov. So in my case when emailing
Andrea White the email would look like REP41 at ohiohouse.gov. Simply make
sure that you find which House district you are in when you find out who
your representative is. Senator's emails are simply the Senator's last name
followed by @ohiosenate.gov.

We have a good shot of getting this proposal in the budget if we all write
our representatives and let them know how important we believe this
legislation is. So I hope that each of you will take a few minutes to
contact your representatives as soon as possible.

Please let either myself (toddelzey at gmail.com) or Eric Duffy (
peduffy63 at gmail.com) know off-list if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Todd Elzey